DTV Captioning Software
A complete HD closed captioning and subtitling solution.
No additional CC hardware required. No generation loss!!!
New - Auto Time Stamp
DTV (CaptionMaker & MacCaption) supports the new Auto Time Stamp add-on, which can drastically reduce the time it takes to closed caption a video.
FCPX and MacCaption
With FCP7, you can use print to tape to dump videos on
using cards like AJA Kona, BlackMagic Decklink, and Matrox MXO2.
FCPX does not have this option. But there is a solution. See closed captioning with FCPX.
MacCaption & CaptionMaker DTV are our full featured software which includes all the functionalities of DV or NLE, plus adds Web & DVD captioning, DVD/Blu-ray subtitling, MPEG-2 tapeless workflows, etc. in a very affordable and easy-to-use package.
- HD/SD MPEG-2 closed captioning for DTV tapeless delivery, including options for Manzanita multiplexer (sold separately) support for CableLabs & other transport stream specs, and 720x512 MPEG-2 for DG Fast Channel
- SD/HD tape closed captioning with Matrox MXO2, AJA KONA/IO and Blackmagic DeckLink in Final Cut Pro
- SD/HD tape closed captioning with Adobe Premiere CS 5.5
- SD closed captioning using DV (Firewire) and NLE methods (supports most NLEs, including FCP7 and earlier, Avid, Adobe Premiere, Media 100, Sony Vegas, Edius, etc.)
- Import/export many standard caption/subtitle files
- Webcast closed captioning (QuickTime, Flash, YouTube, Windows Media, Real, etc.)
- DVD Closed Captioning and DVD/Blu-ray subtitling
For a comprehensive enterprise-level solution, please check out our HD Enterprise version which supports many additional workflows and advanced features.
Looking for DTV Lite?
We also have a special version called DTV Lite for users who only need to output HD/SD tape from FCP, and who don't need web or DVD captioning capability or working with other NLE systems. Please Contact Us for details.